RamsgateHistory.com
November 24, 2017, 05:49:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register Chat  
Pages: « 1 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Books on Ramsgate  (Read 29055 times)
ramsgate60
Global Moderator

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2011, 09:10:32 PM »

I use to spend half my life in Smiths,.. but not anymore, always had good selections of most things,.. but if im right they dont sell any music cd's now either, and i think they slim down the dvd's as well.. not the place it use to be,.. but agree with Phil, Michaels book shop is a real treasure Smiley
Paul Narramore

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2011, 09:43:26 PM »

Doverpast

When he mentioned 'video games and pool' it was clearly much more recent than my time, and of course to us it was 'Merrie England' and not 'Pleasurama'. I also went to Dane Court and was in the first intake in the 60s when we shared with the girls in the girl's school. The boy's school was finished the following term. We wore shorts and peaked caps in those days, and I was in Dane (green) house.

Yes Waterstones and the now-defunct Sussex Booksellers (in Maidstone) always manage to stock lots of local books. I'm slowly building up a small collection of Ramsgate books.
kayley.worrall

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2011, 03:06:32 PM »

I have a copy of the rare Ramsgate millennium book if anyone is interested only 1500 printed please email me for further details kayleypink@hotmail.com thanks
Paul Narramore

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2011, 06:13:27 PM »

Kayley, I've emailed you. Paul
Frosted

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2011, 07:14:29 PM »

Has anyone else got a copy of the ramsgate millennium book they want to sell?
Paul Narramore

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2011, 11:08:14 PM »

Unless you have 200 to 300 pounds to spare, don't even consider it. I'd love a copy but I can do an awful lot with that sort of lolly.

Kayley never came back to tell us the fate of her copy.
Michael Child

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2011, 07:57:21 AM »

Paul, Frosted, I do have it in stock (Michaels Bookshop) The Ramsgate Society also had it for sale and may still have, fraid you are right about the price though.
Eric Bishop

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2012, 06:47:23 PM »

While not specifically on Ramsgate, it certainly covers the Isle of Thanet area, William H Bishop's book "Kent Crimes and Disasters" makes interesting reading (if you can find a copy!)
Paul Narramore

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2012, 06:12:10 PM »

Maidstone's brand new library and county records building was opened yesterday so I made enquiries about the Ramsgate Millenium Book. Quite a number are held around the county, and a few are for lending rather than just reference. I have one on order and they will email me when it arrives here. What service!

I only had a brief period in which to look at the Local History section, and a lot is locked away and available for reference purposes. They do have a number of  various Kelly's Directories for the Isle of Thanet, a book I love to browse through.
Thanatos

Hands that help are holier than lips that pray

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2013, 07:59:46 PM »

Here's an interesting book:  http://archive.org/details/pictorialdescrip00wardrich

Thanatos.
Monkton Malc
Global Moderator

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2013, 08:25:13 PM »

There is one available here. Cheap at 120.

http://www.abebooks.co.uk/Ramsgate-Millennium-Book-Society/8343877285/bd
Layzee

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2013, 11:45:37 AM »

I have a copy of the millennium book it is in very good condition and is for sale post you best offers itll go to the highest offer, any questions give me a shout
Pages: « 1 2
  Print  

Jump to: