RamsgateHistory.com
July 28, 2017, 08:36:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register Chat  
Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for Langley Family  (Read 2657 times)
LANGLEY

« on: July 23, 2012, 08:46:57 PM »

Looking for Langley Family
of effingham st
COLIN

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 06:20:56 PM »

The Langley family moved to the USA many years ago

Mr. Langley senior died in Ramsgate in the 70s...he was very abusive to his family...i witnessed many a beating by him.
I knew a LANGLEY family (mother and daughter) who lived in a flat near to the Recreation ground/ Gas Works area off Hardres Street (now close to the current Aldi Supermarket). The daughter was Norma who attended Clarendon House and became a teacher. The mother was also a Primary School teacher in Ramsgate.
Marvell

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 10:57:50 PM »

Hello,

I also knew a Norma Langley who went to Clarendon House during the 1960's. She lived in a terraced house, near the Gas Works/Newberry's, at the bottom of St. Luke’s Ave. We both went to St. Laurence Youth Club.
COLIN

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 11:55:15 PM »

Yes, the very same person. I also attended that Youth Club in the 1960's. Norma Langley from Clarendon House Girls' Grammar School went on to become a schoolteacher herself and originally attended a Teacher Training establishment in Warrington- way up North as I recall ! C.
Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to: