RamsgateHistory.com
July 28, 2017, 08:45:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register Chat  
Pages: « 1 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Townley House Ghosts  (Read 19247 times)
Phil
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2011, 07:04:09 AM »

We did mention to them that the ARP Tunnels run under Eagle Hill, but if they were dug according to the plans they shouldn't interfere with the Nettos site. Anyone been down the Cannon Road section lately?
wevsky

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2011, 07:06:18 AM »

yes the eagle hill section has no signs of older access and blocked of parts atal..and last i was down cannon road was in may..seems the council finally made the entrance secure once more.!
JH

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2011, 08:35:18 AM »

Hiya Phil, interesting post here, you say about tunnels underneath townelys? Any info on where this is or who i would need to speak to about entering these tunnels?

Thanks,

Frosty.

This could be a reference to the WWII air raid tunnels. There was an entrance on the site of the demolished Townley Castle that we used to access and explore the tunnels as children in the fifties.

wevsky

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2011, 08:47:26 AM »

are yu talking abuot the slabbed over entrance in the car park at the back of chatham house school next to boundry road..thats still there and part of the cannon road section!
paulk

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2017, 08:50:08 PM »

ah i heard from a friend about the fact underground stuff at the old nettos site was discovered and had to be filled before the demo/rebuild to asdas can be made..Thing is i heard from someone that on the sight where netto stands was something called the icehouse and was as name suggests an underground storage/distrubtion centre for ice so not sure which is true as i havnt had chance to visit underground farleys or indeed get myself down the netto site for a poke aorund..ill see what i can do and if you find anything else out or if anyone knows about the icehouse please do tell!

See here http://thanetarch.co.uk/journal/?p=1157
Pages: « 1 2
  Print  

Jump to: